“Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it’s what’s in the middle that counts. So when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will.”—Hope Floats (via filmquotes)
“Seek pleasure in life
Play with the world
To ‘be’ is not optional
To ‘have’ usually is
Float through the chaos
Love what makes you different
Live an amazing life”—Cherry Girl
01. AQUADEXTROUS - adj. Possessing the ability to turn the bathroom faucet on and off with your toes.
02. CARPERPETUATION - n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or a piece of lint at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.
03. DISCONFECT - v. To sterilize a piece of candy you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will somehow “remove” all the germs.
04. ELBONICS - n. The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a movie theater (airplane).
05. FRUST - n. The small line of debris that refuses to be swept onto the dust pan and keep backing a person across the room until he finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.
06. LACTOMANGULATION - n. Manhandling the “open here” spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the “illegal” side.
07. PEPPIER - n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want ground pepper.
08. PHONESIA - n. The affliction of dialing a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.
09. PUPKUS - n. The moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.
10. TELECRASTINATION - n. The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you’re only six inches away.
Booth:Here we are, all of us. Basically alone, seperate creatures, just circling eachother. All searching for the slightest hint of a real connection. Some look in the wrong places, some they just give up hope because in their mind they're thinking "Oh, there's nobody out there for me." But all of us, we keep trying over and over again. Why? Because every once in awhile -- every once in awhile, two people meet and there's that spark. And yes, Bones, he's handsome, and she's beautiful, and maybe that's all they see at first. But making love... making love... that's when two people become one.
Bones:...It is scientifically impossible for two objects to occupy the same space.
Booth:Yeah, but what's important is we try. And when we do it right, we get close.
But, dammit. We’re finally going out of the country but it’s to Hong Kong and Singapore. AGAIN
I mean, I know I should be glad that I’m actually going out, but seriously! We went to HK twice last year and we went to Singapore last year too.
I have this feeling my sister and I are going around HK and S’pore by ourselves again.
Last time we were at HK, my mom got sick so my sister and I were with our dad in Disneyland. (He later on left to give my mom meds) We were also alone in Ocean Adventure and these 2 museums we went to ‘cause my parents went to this convention thing.
This time, they’re probably going to do the same thing.
Last time we were in S’pore, my parents didn’t come with us. It was just me, my sister, and 2 cousins. We stayed in our uncle’s condo and went around by ourselves (minus some of the meal times, because they payed for all out meals! Yay!) or with our 2 other cousins who live there.
This time, they’re coming, but it’s for this Rotary Club outing thing. Since they figured we’d be bored with them, they’re leaving us to my uncle again, so we’re spending our time there with my cousin since her brother’s going to be in the Philippines. She was actually supposed to come over before we were going there, but she decided to wait for us. I think we’re coming back to the Philippines together, so that should be fun.
“The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.”—Elie Wiesel
You are just another one in six billion. You have no talent; you can’t draw, you can’t write, you can’t sing.
You are going to grow up and you might even go to university. You’re going to get an average job and live in an average suburb. You’re going to sort of fall in love with an average guy and you’re going to have an average family.
Every day you’re going to be thrown into a vicious cycle of work and sleep.
“Smile and others will smile back. Smile to show how transparent, how candid you are. Smile if you have nothing to say. Most of all, do not hide the fact you have nothing to say nor your total indifference to others. Let this emptiness, this profound indifference shine out spontaneously in your smile.”—Jean Baudrillard (via newyorkchick) (via mahal-kita)
Calvin:This whole Santa Claus thing just doesn't make sense. Why all the secrecy? Why all the mystery? If the guy exists why doesn't he ever show himself and prove it? And if he doesn't exist what's the meaning of all this?
Hobbes:I dunno. Isn't this a religious holiday?
Calvin:Yeah, but actually, I've got the same questions about God.
“Look, other bands, they want to make it about sex or pain, but you know, The Beatles, they had it all figured out, okay? “I Want to Hold Your Hand.” The first single. It’s effing brilliant, right?… That’s what everybody wants, Nicky. They don’t want a twenty-four-hour hump sesh, they don’t want to be married to you for a hundred years. They just want to hold your hand.”—Aaron Yoo,Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist (via happinessislenashaped) (via thoughtsdetained)